كيمياء تحليلية Handbook of Coal Analysis

الموضوع في 'قسم الكيمياء' بواسطة chemistry, بتاريخ ‏أغسطس 20, 2008.

1. chemistry

chemistry مستشار كلية العلوم النهرالخالد إداري

إنضم إلينا في:
    ‏فبراير 5, 2007
    المشاركات:
    الإعجابات المتلقاة:
    نقاط الجوائز:
    الجنس:
    ذكر
    المصدر: Handbook of Coal Analysis
    في منتدى : قسم الكيمياء

(hi)(hi)(hi)(hi)
    :gift::gift:

(Chemical Analysis: A Series of Monographs on Analytical Chemistry and Its Applications)
    by
    James G. Speight

[​IMG]

By

Publisher: Wiley-Interscience

Number Of Pages: 240

Publication Date: 2005-04-27

ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0471522732

ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780471522737

Binding: Hardcover

Book Description:

All the guidance needed to test coal and analyze the results
    With the skyrocketing costs of most fuel sources, government, industry, and consumers are taking a greater interest in coal, an abundant and inexpensive alternative, which has been made more environmentally friendly through new technology. Published in response to this renewed interest, Handbook of Coal Analysis provides readers with everything they need to know about testing and analyzing coal. Moreover, it explains the meaning of test results and how these results can predict coal behavior and its corresponding environmental impact during use.
    The thorough coverage of coal analysis includes:
    * Detailed presentation of necessary standard tests and procedures
    * Explanation of coal behavior relative to its usage alongside the corresponding environmental issues
    * Coverage of nomenclature, terminology, sampling, and accuracy and precision of analysis
    * Step-by-step test method protocols for proximate analysis, ultimate analysis, mineral matter, physical and electrical properties, thermal properties, mechanical properties, spectroscopic properties, and solvent properties
    * Emphasis on relevant American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards and test methods, including corresponding International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and British Standards Institution (BSI) test method numbers
    To assist readers in understanding the material, a glossary of terms is provided. Each term is defined in straightforward language that enables readers to better grasp complex concepts and theory. References at the end of each chapter lead readers to more in-depth discussions of specialized topics.
    This is an essential reference for analytical chemists, process chemists, and engineers in the coal industry as well as other professionals and researchers who are looking to coal as a means to decrease dependence on foreign oil sources and devise more efficient, cleaner methods of energy production.

The manner of fundamental and operational analyses required in characterizing coal samples. Fundamental analyses are those like elemental analysis, called "Ultimate Analysis" in coal jargon; operational analyses are those like measurements of volatile matter and heat of combustion. All the information in this book can be found elsewhere, such as research papers and the ASTM standards series, but nowhere else is all of it bundled into one handy volume and nowhere else is the role and value of individual analyses explained so clearly.

For instance, I looked over the section on oxygen analysis, long a problem for coal chemists. In the past, most of the reported oxygen analyses were made by difference. Jim describes the various direct and indirect methods available and discusses pros and cons. Older references do not address these questions at all.

Full disclosure - Jim Speight is a long-time colleague of mine and we occasionally work together on projects. In addition, Jim arranged for the publisher to provide me a review copy of the book. That said, if I did not like the book, I would have kept my shut and written no review. I do like it, as is obvious from my review[/color].

Link

or

or

or

أعجب بهذه المشاركة ابن العراق
  2. ابن العراق

ابن العراق مشرف قسم الهندسة الكيميائية و الكيمياء العامة إداري

إنضم إلينا في:
    ‏ابريل 1, 2007
    المشاركات:
    الإعجابات المتلقاة:
    نقاط الجوائز: