parallel and serial port interface

Thanks Eng. e-elhariry for the files
you know i didn't use the parallel port before, i thought it was much more complex
i used to work with the serial port or the RS-232 it's more easier all i have to do is to adjust the baud rate and make the appropriate signal level converting circuit
but i need to try to use the parallel port so i need you to encourage me and support me with more resources
thank you again
جزاك الله خيرا

Thanks again Eng. Mahran , it seems that we can interchange our experiences , actually i used to work with the parallel port and i think that the interface circuit is more simple because you can use the output word directly without any additional circuits to convert from serial bits to parallel word, to be frank with you iam still have no idea about using the serial port but i found the file and i thought that it may be useful for whom interested in the serial port, so i want to be sure of that point , do i have to convert the output serial bits to parallel word before i can use it or not? . best regards

conversion to parallel or not?
this is depend on your application, some of them can accept the bits in serial form like microcontrollers which have a full duplex UART
but if you want to convert it to parallel form, it's pretty easy ,just use a serial-in parallel-out shift register like 74LS164 , it's very cheap IC

the conversion i was talking about is the signal level conversion
as you know the output of most PCs serial port is:
-12 for logic 1
+12 for logic 0
and the majority of the electronic devices accept +5 for logic 1 and 0 for logic 0
so we must convert porst's signal level ,we can achieve this by using an IC called MAX232 which converts the signal level TO and FROM the serial port

thanks for response

اولا جزاكم الله كل خير على هذه الموضوعات والمناقشات الرائعه

اخوان اتمنى ان يتم الكتابه باللغه العربيه , يعني كثير من الأعضاء لا يدخلوا الموضوع لهذا السبب

اخواني كلاكما لديه مشاركات بالعربيه اتوقع انه ما في مشكله بالكيبورد

على كل حال اتوقع انه فعلا بنقدر نتبادل خبرات

بالنسبه لي اعملت على serial and parallel port اتوقع parallel اسهل ودائره Interface اسهل لكنه يحتاج الى عدد خطوط اكبر لأنه يبعث اقل شئ بايت كامل لذلك يستهلك من مصادر الجهاز المقابل له .

مثلا اذا استخدمنا PIC Microcontroller نحتاج لــ 8 خطوط في حاله parallel , وبالمقابل نحتاج لــ2 خط اذا استخدمنا SERIAL RS232 وهذا توفير كبير لمصادر الميكروكونترولر .

يمكن يكون سرعه نقل البيانات في parralel port اكبر من SERIAL ولكن غالبا سرعه SERIAL كافيه لمعظم تطبيقاتنا

اخى Eng. zaid
بارك الله فيك وجزاك الله خيرا على التنبيه
كلامك فعلا مظبوط 100% بالنسبة لتفوق ال parallel فى السرعة وتفوق ال serial فى توفير الموارد

السلام عليكم, تحية طيبة لأخوى Eng. Zaid & Eng. Mahran , فى الحقيقة لم اكن اتصور كل هذا التجاوب , و لكى اكون اكثر صراحة معكما , اخبركم اننى لست كما ابدو على درجة من الخبرة بهذه الأمور فأنا فى الأصل مهندس قوى كهربية و لكنها الهواية و حب تعلم الأشياء الجديدة هما الذى دفعانى لتعلم interface و لكن بعد ان رأيت مدى تجاوبكما سأحاول ان شاء الله ان اتعلم المزيد لأجد ما استطيع تبادله معكم , هذا و الله الموفق

مشششششششششششششششششكككككككككككككككككككككككككككككككككككووووووووووووووور

salem
u can search a site or document named THE ART OF ASSEMBLY i'ts very useful
i have some idea about parallele interface but i dont test it
they are a circuit named 8255 its used betwenn the processor and ur card
u can use the parallele port in the mother board or the centronics connector
work with parallele port it's more easier thant rs232 but u can't have a large stream of information because of the EMI

عودة
أعلى