Cardiology & ECG The Cleveland Clinic Cardiology Board Review By Brian P Griffin, Curtis M Rimmerman,

ahmed_hmh

41BP8DMDPCLCV7CbR.www.arabsbook.com.jpg

The Cleveland Clinic Cardiology Board Review
By Brian P Griffin, Curtis M Rimmerman, Eric J Topol

• Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
  • Number Of Pages: 896
  • Publication Date: 2006-11-01
  • ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0781759420
  • ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780781759427

Product Description:

The Cleveland Clinic Cardiology Board Review offers thorough preparation for board certification and recertification exams in cardiology. It is written by distinguished clinicians from the Cleveland Clinic Foundation's Department of Cardiovascular Medicine and based on the Cleveland Clinic Foundation's popular annual Intensive Review of Cardiology course. In 62 chapters, the book provides a comprehensive, state-of-the-art review of every area of contemporary cardiovascular medicine. Emphasis is on board relevant clinical material and accurate real-world clinical decision making. More than 400 illustrations and numerous tables facilitate quick review. Board-format questions with answers and explanations appear at the end of each section.

Summary: cleveland clinic board review
Rating: 5

Excellent product.
It was received in excellent quality, and fast.

Summary: Too many mistakes
Rating: 3
Having just finished reading the book as I study for my general cardiology boards, I congratulate the authors for tackling such a complex task. Unfortunately, there are numerous errors and mistakes scattered through out the book. This forces one to be very careful as the book is read and digested.

Most of the chapters have questions and answers at the end to help with review. But not all the answers are correct (i.e. grossly incorrect, not just differences in opinion). And not all the chapters had questions and answers (was somebody lazy or just didn't get to it?).

There are scattered mistakes in the readings and figures. For example, one chapter had an ECG mislabled as Right Ventricular Dysplasia when in fact it was Brugada. Then the same ECG was used several more times and mislabled (obviously a place holder figure that was never fixed).

On a more positive note, the book was easy to read. Most of the figures were of good quality. Not too expensive. The mistakes were kinda obvious, but I worry since I'm reading this book to study.

Overall, I give the book 3 stars because of miserable proofreading.

http://ifile.it/hz03idx
http://www.filefactory.com/file/a1579g8/n/Clev_Clinic_Cardiology2007_gigapedia_rar.html

عودة
أعلى