أخيراً بعد البحث لساعات طوال ... وجدت النسخة الثانية من هذا الكتاب .. تفضلوا

zidaan

اللؤلؤ المنثور
Simulation with Arena w/ CD-Rom

41UmRdoHDILJtIEEMH.www.arabsbook.com.jpg

Simulation with Arena w/ CD-Rom
By W. David Kelton, Randall P Sadowski, David T Sturrock, W. Kelton, Randall Sadowski, David Sturrock

Publisher: McGraw-Hill Science/Engineering/Math
Number Of Pages: 672
Publication Date: 2003-07-17
ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0072919817
ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780072919813
Binding: Hardcover

The first edition of this book was the first text to be written on the Arena software, which is a very popular simulation modeling software. What makes this text the authoritative source on Arena is that it was written by the creators of Arena themselves.
The new third edition follows in the tradition of the successful first and second editions in its tutorial style (via a sequence of carefully crafted examples) and an accessible writing style. The updates include thorough coverage of the new version of the Arena software (Arena 7.01), enhanced support for Excel and Access, and updated examples to reflect the new version of software.
The CD-ROM that accompanies the book contains the Academic version of the Arena software. The software features new capabilities such as model documentation, enhanced plots, file reading and writing, printing and animation symbols.

Summary: Good textbook for simulation
Rating: 5
Teach how to use Arena to do simulation in details. Present so clearly that anyone can enter the simulation world easily.

Summary: Poorly Written
Rating: 3
The book is way too wordy. Who has the time to read on and on to figure out even smallest of the issues like errors after running the compiler to execute the file. I do not know if there are alternatives. I did not have one as my prof highly recommended it for course proceedings. It is a stupid’s giude explaining all abc’s unnecessarily. This book is a absolute hassle for mini course takers in this subject or learner’s on the fly.

Summary: Tough to Read - literally
Rating: 1
While this book does have some useful content from the couple chapters I have read, the material is overshadowed by a serious problem - this is almost not readable in the literal sense.
There is something about the small font size and presentation that makes reading the book tough on the eyes, even with a bright light. I read a lot and this is one of the worst presentations I have seen. The other students in the class who I talked with about this textbook also had the same comment. For a book that charges over $100, this is inexcusable.
Unless you want to wind up with a pair of glasses sooner than you think or get a stronger prescription than you have now, avoid this book.

Summary: No Surprises
This book achieves its objective. I had not done simulations for years, and this book walks you through the process of learning Arena. It starts out simple–even without actual computer models, just a manual process. It moves through simple high-level, pre-coded models, and then adds complexity. All told, if you work your way through the book, you will understand Arena, a widely used programming language. Note, however, that the student version of the software in this book can only manipulate 15 entities. That’s okay for learning, but for real production simulations to answer real questions, then you would need the professional version. That, of course, costs thousands of dollars. Your company would buy this. So, you see where I’m going: if you don’t work in an environment that uses Area professionally, all the stuff you learned that is Arena-specific is, well, like memorizing baseball statistics. A nice hobby, but…

Summary: This book is better than nothing.
Overall this is a good book, if a bit overpriced and wordy. Let me put it this way, I guess I really wouldn’t want to be without this book. On the other hand, I found it frustrating to use when I needed quick answers, as these authors love getting right into the details. For example, when I wanted to add a conveyor to a process I was modeling, there wasn’t a simple introduction at the beginning of the conveyer section to provide a quick, adequate overview. The book doesn’t use effective formatting to help one quickly find specific things needed (i.e., Entities Entering Along Conveyor; Entity Proceeds if There is Space; Power and Free Conveyor; Synchronous Movement of Entities; Basic Accumulating; Basic Nonaccumulating; Processing on a Conveyor; Selecting Based on Inspection; Varying Entity Sizes on Accumulating; Failures for Conveyors; Two Merging to One; Choosing Alternate Conveyors; Merging Conveyors; Shrinking Parts on a Conveyor; etc.). Though I recommend this book, you may want to supplement it with another one (i.e., such as a “Dummy” type book) for those times when you need simple, fast answers.

link

http://rapidshare.com/files/154742088/Simulation_with_Arena_by_Kelton.rar

عودة
أعلى