Publisher: Prentice Hall
Number Of Pages: 937
Publication Date: 1999-08-14
ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0201361868
ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780201361865
Binding: Paperback

Summary: good but too formal
Rating: 3

This book is not for beginners. it is for students who have a background in real-analysis. It is also not a book to study signal processing, but it is more of a reference guide. I am disappointed with it, because I didn't get what I hoped to from this book.

Summary: Publisher does not provide CDROM in latest printing
Rating: 4

Recently purchased this book and from reading parts of it the book is a very good source of the mathematics associated with signal processing. However the publisher in the latest printing I just received no longer provides the promised CDROM and the listed website where to obtain the MATLAB material on the CDROM is also no longer supported by the publisher. An e-mail response to my inquiry about the missing MATLAB code source from a representative of the publisher indicates that the book is too old and their is no need to provide the material anymore.

Summary: Target Audiance - Choose Wisely
Rating: 3

This book is certainly technically sound. That being said, I find the notation confusing and the text relatively inacessible. The book is likely a good selection for someone wanting to study the innermost mathematical details of modern signal processing. Unfortunately, the text spends less time on actual implimentation and usage than would be preferable for audiances focussed on real world applications.

Summary: excellent collection of signal processing math
Rating: 5

this book is really good for a signal processing researcher.
generally it is difficult for a new researcher to connect math to the signal processing methods. conventional signal processing books only give the bit of math as needed in the signal processing books and this makes it difficult for an inexperienced student.
in this book mathematics is explained in more detail and in the introduction of each chapter it is mentioned why and where you would need this math knowledge.
at the end of each chapter application sections are provided
where problems from signal processing are explained for that particular mathematical method.

there are also exercises.

however, this book can be difficult for a new graduate without any establishment of signal processing concepts and problems.

it is an excellent book for a phd student in my view and it can be a classic.

Summary: 2nd Printing, not 2nd Edition.
Rating: 5

I do not know about the contents of this book yet, but one thing I can tell is that the book is still in the first edition(unlike some review), but it's the second printing.

Code
http://www.filefactory.com/file/ad1bd4/
http://rapidshare.com/files/109583194/Mathematical_Methods_and_Algorithms_for_Signal_Processing.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/?91gbu2guw4y

عودة
أعلى