Harriet Lane Handbook: A Manual for Pediatric House Officers 16th edition

الموضوع في 'كتب طبية' بواسطة العثماني, بتاريخ ‏ديسمبر 7, 2006.

حالة الموضوع:
مغلق
  1. العثماني

العثماني مشرف سابق

إنضم إلينا في:
    ‏أكتوبر 5, 2006
    المشاركات:
    الإعجابات المتلقاة:
    نقاط الجوائز:

SBN: 0323014860
    Title: Harriet Lane Handbook: A Manual for Pediatric House Officers 16th edition (June 15, 2002)
    Author: Veronica L., M.D. Gunn (Editor), Christian, M.D. Nechyba (Editor), Michael A., M.D. Barone (Editor)
    Publisher: C.V. Mosby
    Publication Date: 2002-06-15
    Number Of Pages: 1036
    Average Amazon Rating: 5.0

Book Info
    Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD. Brandon/Hill Medical List first-purchase selection (#462). Pocket outline now includes current treatments, procedures, protocols, management recommendations, and therapeutic and drug information. Also includes a new dermatology chapter with more than 30 color figures, new CDC growth charts, and more. Soft.

Amazon Review:
    This book is so often seen on the pediatric ward that it hardly needs a review. I've been instructing residents for 20 years and can't think of one who hasn't used this book from time to time. Indeed, we joke that you can tell how old a pediatrician is by the color of his (her) Harriet Lane.
    I must say that in the past I've had reservations about this book. The drug doses were very often conservative, and the formulary (which is the most frequently used part of it) was rather limited. If you ignore the resuscitation drugs, there are those that would find the Lexmark formulary more useful, especially since it includes much of the information that is in the PDR, such as dosage forms.

The present edition remedies the formulary, happily. Each of the sections is evenly well written, and consise, and the material is useful for the day-to-day work of the pediatric resident. Really, Harriet is indispensable, since it includes all the tables of lab values and growth curves that one uses every day. The present edition is so well written that I can hardly imagine future editions that could be improved in any substantial way. This book hardly needs my endorsement. Nonetheless, I heartily recommend it to any house officer who has a rotation on a pediatric ward.

[​IMG]

أعجب بهذه المشاركة abbas nasan
حالة الموضوع:
مغلق

مشاركة هذه الصفحة