Mechatronics for the Evil Genius

الموضوع في 'قسم تبادل الخبرات الهندسية' بواسطة Trojan, بتاريخ ‏سبتمبر 30, 2008.

1. Trojan

Trojan قناص كتاب العرب

إنضم إلينا في:
    ‏يونيو 22, 2006
    المشاركات:
    الإعجابات المتلقاة:
    نقاط الجوائز:

[​IMG]

Mechatronics for the Evil Genius
    By Newton C. Braga

• Publisher: McGraw-Hill/TAB Electronics
    • Number Of Pages: 213
    • Publication Date: 2005-09-15
    • ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0071457593
    • ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780071457590
    • Binding: Paperback
    Product Description:
    The popular evil genius format provides hobbyists with a fun and inexpensive way to learn Mechatronics (the merger of electronics and mechanics) via 25 complete projects.
    Projects include: mechanical race car, combat robot, ionic motor, electromagnet, robotic arm, light beam remote control, and more Includes "parts lists" and "tool bin" for each project Covers all the preparation needed to begin building, such as "how to solder," "how to recognize components and diagrams, "how to read a schematic," etc. Summary: Box Kit in a bookRating: 2I was hoping that this book actually offered more explanation on the design and application of mechatronics. It is basically a book of science fair projects for 12-18 year olds. It offers very little (if any) actual instruction on the components or the reasons why they are used. You will need a pretty good understanding of electronics before you venture into this book. I am going to have to find a good, basic book on electronic components and design before I can venture into this entire series. Summary: Simple Electronic & Basic Mechanic Projects for SchoolsRating: 3This book is pitched at the Grade 10 to 12 student in a secondary school. Unfortunately,this is not clear from the title. The focus is on the electronics side. It does not go into robotics and what "mechanical" components shown are very basic. Having said the above the ******* IS very suitable for the secondary student without getting bogged in the maths of electronics. Summary: From generators and cannons to coin tossersRating: 5If it's electronics and mechanics which intrigue you, combined with a bit of robotics and do-it-yourself projects, MECHATRONICS FOR THE EVIL GENIUS: 25 BUILD-IT-YOURSELF PROJECTS is for you. Here are step-by-step instructions, schematics, materials and parts lists, and clear diagramed outlines of how to build, mechanical parts, testing, and exploring project potentials. From generators and cannons to coin tossers, mechanics will be delighted with the intriguing array of mechanical and electronic devices - and with clear explanations of the science behind them. Diane C. Donovan California Bookwatch Summary: Good project book for someone already familiar with mechatronicsRating: 4This book provides great practice via projects for students/practitioners of mechatronics that are already pretty familiar with electronics and feel comfortable with constructing elementary mechanical devices. There is some theory provided for each project, and it would be enough for someone to construct each device but not necessarily understand the science behind each device if you do not have a sufficient background in mechatronics already. My personal favorite was the analog computer, primarily because in this day and age, I find many young engineers that don't even know what an analog computer is! I especially recommend this book to teachers who want to motivate their students to study engineering by showing them what interesting devices can be built. I notice Amazon shows nothing about the table of *******s, so I show that here: Section One: Preparing the Reader Section Two: The Technology Used in the Projects Section Three: The Projects Project 1 -- Mechatronic Race Car Project 2 -- RoboCom: A Combat Robot Project 3 -- Using a PWM Motor Control Project 4 -- Ionic Motor Project 5 -- Experimental Galvanometer Project 6 -- Experimenting with Electromagnets Project 7 -- Electronic Potentiometer Project 8 -- Experiments with Eolic Generators Project 9 -- Electronic Cannon Project 10 -- Experiments with Lissajous Figures Generated by a Laser Project 11 -- Analog Computer Project 12 -- Touch-Controlled Motor Project 13 -- Mechatronic Elevator Project 14 -- Stepper Motor Control Project 15 -- Magic Motion Machine Project 16 -- Test Your Nerves Project 17 -- Robot with Sensors Project 18 -- SMA Experimental Robotic Arm Project 19 -- Position Sensor Project 20 -- Light-Beam Remote Control Project 21 -- Mechatronic Airboat Project 22 -- Coin Tosser Project 23 -- The Challenge of the Mechatronic Timer Project 24 -- Experimental PLC Project 25 -- The Mechatronic Talking Head

[​IMG]

أعجب بهذه المشاركة dedoda
  2. dedoda

dedoda Well-Known Member

إنضم إلينا في:
    ‏ديسمبر 6, 2007
    المشاركات:
    الإعجابات المتلقاة:
    نقاط الجوائز:
    الجنس:
    ذكر
    الوظيفة: